Our Seven Main Objectives of the R&D Program are:
- Develop new potato varieties that are Early maturing, Heat Tolerant, Drought Tolerant, better Nitrogen use efficiency having resistance to late blight & viruses and Bio-fortification.
- Develop improved post-harvest handling systems for multiple produce crops within India.
- Reduce fresh produce waste at both on farm and post farm gate stage.
- Biofuel from Potato waste:
- Ethanol from waste potatoes (eventual 5000 tons annually).
- Biogas production from large (~eventual 50,000 tons) of potato haulms and additional organic farm waste including cow & buffalo dung and its up gradation to Bio-methane
- Plant Tissue Culture:
- For generating of superior hybrid seeds
- Reduction in operating costs by lowering contamination and technological improvements such as development of better media
- Development of commercial protocols for new economically important plant species such as orchids and others
- Silage of Maize and Sorghum for availability of green fodder all year round
- Cheaper Cooling for Storage:
- Low Cost Solar Vapour Absorption Commercial Technology for Cold Storage Absorption, Refinement and Adoption for Indian Tropical Climate for Cold Storage
- Recently discovered at University of Colorado a scalable manufactured met material - an engineered material with extraordinary properties not found in nature - that has the ability to cool objects even under direct sunlight with zero energy and water consumption for its use in packaging